Pages

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Tea Party Losing Votes

Link to article

This article is mostly a poll, comparing how different parties are reacting to the Tea Party.  Apparently most  of the party's support has dropped considerably in percentages.  The Tea Party has gone down seven points since two years ago.  The majority of Americans just aren't interested in them anymore, if ever.  Only a measly nine percent fully support them now.  It has fallen most in favor with young adults, seniors, and most of the middle class, leaving only some of the richer class to be its supporters.  Part of the problem is the economy- they promised to make it better, as everyone does, and there is much argument about whether they've actually done anything for it.

The author is completely neutral, not showing any signs of agreement towards any side.  I think the article was written purely as an update on how things stand with the Tea Party.  Or perhaps just to show how confused the polls are at the moment.  There is no sign of a voice or narrative.  Everything is stated almost tentatively, always saying that there is another option, another perspective, and that no particular fact is the correct one.  There really is no main idea, except that the polls are mixed up and have dropped a lot since last checked.  Nobody really has the majority vote now, none of the parties do.  There's always some problem, something to criticize, something that makes even the good qualities look bad.

I can understand why the Tea Party is dropping in people's favor.  What I don't know is why they only pick now to decide to stop liking them, whoever was in that seven percent that they lost.  Why not earlier?  Wasn't the economy just as bad in the past two years as it is now?  What did they begin to see that they didn't see before that changed their minds?  I don't really agree with the Tea Party's policies, so I think it's a good thing that they're losing votes.  I don't know if it will last, though.  And what will happen to the Tea Party if they lose all of their supporters?  What happens to any political party that loses all supporters?

No comments:

Post a Comment